Sunday, June 16, 2013

Buttons... here we come!

 
Tristan hates buttons but we have to get past that soooo
 
yesterday we went to the store and bought his uniform for school in August.
 
The whole time we were there he was saying "I DO NOT like buttons Mommy"
 
I know Nugg, I know...
 
then it was time to head to Target.
 
I told him that he could get 4 little surprises and each time he wore a button shirt for 30 minutes, he could have a surprise.
 
He BEGGED for his presents and promised he'd wear his shirt.
 
Um, yeah, no... that's not how this works.
 
So I asked if he wanted to wear a shirt home...his response.
 
"I hate buttons. I HATE buttons. I DO NOT LIKE BUTTONS.  I am angry.  I am mad Mommy, I am not going to talk. I want my presents. I do NOT like buttons."
 
I know Nugg.... I know.
 
So I buckled him in and we drove home.  1/2 way into the drive he asked me to pull over and put on his shirt with buttons.  So, I did. He said "DON'T LET THEM TOUCH ME!!!!!" so he held the buttons away from him for 15 minutes to the house.
 
 
 
 
About 3/4 of the way home, he started talking again and laughing... then we say Daddy in a parking lot so we "raced" him home.  I unbuckled him and told him Daddy needed to see what a big boy he was being.  Well, the moment Holt made a comment - my proud little boy ripped that shirt off!
 
So when we got home, I hung all of his button shirts up.  I put all of his chosen treasures on the mantle and told him when he's ready... they are there.
 
he keeps saying "I sure wish I could have my Ninja Turtle" and I say
 
If YOU CHOOSE to wear your button shirt to school all day Monday... you can!!!!
 


this morning he woke up and chose a shirt again... zero prodding by me (other than gifts staring at him)

 
30 minutes passed and BOOM
 
special surprise!!

 
good job little man!  We are so proud of you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment