Monday, January 13, 2014

Goodbye FOUR... Hello FIVE!

My sweet boy isn't feeling well tonight.  I'm sad, I want him to be healthy and happy and wake up and eat his birthday donut.  I want him to smile and giggle and run around and enjoy his birthday cupcakes.  I want him to feel loved at dinner and then celebrated tomorrow night while he opens the last few gifts that have been sent.

But, if I get real with myself... I want so much more. I want for him to have a zeal for life that I never had. I want him to have a love for the outdoors like Daddy, a love for animals like me and a serious love for books to challenge and build his mind. I want him to love sports and healthy and wellness. I want him to cherish family, be polite and honest and REAL.  JUST BE REAL.

And I know, I know.. he's only 4... well.. 5 in about an hour but Mom's do that. We sit, we enjoy, we love and we wish.  I want SO much happiness for my baby ... ok, NOT so baby boy.

I'm thankful when time slows down for just one moment so I can reminisce, so I can fully be present, and giggle and play and pinch cute little buns and not care about anything but being present.

I hope that you have great memories of being four Tristan, but I'm no dummy... I doubt you will.  So, as I close out book #5...and tomorrow begins book #6... I hope someday you look back on these pages and realize how much Mommy and Daddy ADORE you.

We are SO proud of the little guy that you are, the little friend that you are learning to be and the lover of Jesus that your heart is turning into.  It beautiful, it makes me proud.  Couldn't be more proud - SO blessed to be your Mama.



Happy 4 years, 364 days old Nugg.... can't wait to smooch your sweet 5 year old face. I LOVE YOU!!!!  Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I just love this blog ....The sweetest little boy and the most amazing, mommy...love you, both
    p.s.This is way past your birthday, Tristan, but having you in my life makes every day a great day...

    ReplyDelete