Sunday, January 20, 2013

Heard Museum with the Jones'

So today we headed off to the Heard Museum in McKinney... we "heard" there were dinosaurs there! (BOOOOOO! I know!!)

We arrived and T had Daddy's 'Noculars'

 
lookin' for dinos
 
 
tried to make this a photo op *FAIL*
 
 
 
they were animated so it was pretty cool
 
 
 
 
We told Davis they came alive at night... he wasn't buying it.
 
 
 
 
this was the COOLEST tree... I think it was 250 years old.  it was awesome. Will have to go back and see it in bloom.
 
 
The Jones'
 
 
One of my favorite families on the planet
 
 
I believe this was the smartest dino
 
 
looks like he's gonna eat Nugg
 
 
and this ... I lovingly call Simba... cause that how nimmy looks to me sometimes
 
 
On the hunt for the T-Rex...
 
 
 
 
this is the tallest dino... and this ones a baby!!
 
 
 
then they rode a T-Rex
 
 GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
 
 I told Davis to let pretend like he was getting eaten
 
 
 and got this face. PRICELESS!
 
 
 
this creepy thing apparently spit an acid like substance
 
 
 this one here just spit water all over the kids and they LOVED it!
 
 
 then... we found him... T-REX
 
 
 Creepy sucker
 
 
 then it was time to run and play before our hike
 
 
 the older people rested.  LOL
 
 
 thankfully there were some animals that were alive.
 
Loved this fox...
 
 
 and the capybara... big rodent that I would love to play with!!
 
 T needed a little help
 
 
 Gracie was kickin' it...
 
 
 and then we were off....
 
 this reminded me of a trail in Auburn.  It was 66 degrees and beautiful~
 
 
 
Me and my boys (yes, one stolen from another family but still...)
 
 
 
 
then tickle time
 
 
 *Me and my shadow*
 
 
 And one of my BFF's... Sue
 
 
This guy was either dead or SUPER tired and he sleeps like my dog
 
 
 JJ checkin' out the scene... looking rather dapper I might add
 
 
 sue and holtie
 
 RUN!!!!
 
 see any more dinos?
 
 
 looking for some loose change.
 
 
 
Nuttin!
 
 
Time to head back.. been a long day
 
 
 
and some of us are tired
 
 
so tired he couldn't walk.  I needed the exercise...
 
 
And Mr. Handsome... helloooooooo
 
 
mr. handsome #2
 
 
Great day with the kiddos... outside... in the sun - appreciating the view and some seriously fantastic friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment