Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hot Dog - Do Over!

Tristan had Dads and Dogs at school yesterday and Holt unfortunately missed it.

Tristan was SO sad... in the car, he just kept asking why Daddy missed it.  We just explained that sometimes we can't or won't make stuff.  Little guy just *sighed* and then told us he sat... alone... while the other boys ate with their daddies.

Holt's heart was breaking as he listened to how sad T was.

I wasn't about to let this go..but in the moment, Holt reminded me that it's ok that he's disappointed.  It's ok that Holt was sad... it was just ok. I accepted that and moved on.

But no one in the rule book does it say I can't TRY and make it just a tad easier to stomach for them both.

So today - we had a Hot Dog Day - DO OVER!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I had some happy boys!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun do over to me and thank you, mommy for making it a great one for daddy and Tristan...love all of you

    ReplyDelete