Thursday, March 7, 2013

The best laid plans....

Today was a day to get things done!

Started out decent...

Work,
Work,
Work,
Passport pictures,
Work
Work
Work!

Leave... snag T from school and off to see Grace, Davis and Sue for dinner right after T had a quick haircut!

Here is where things went from bad to worse...

Get T from school - check!
Start driving- Check!
Hit bad traffic (again) - booooooooooo

Drive, drive, drive... put a movie on for T in car - headset works again - YEAH - Check!

hour goes by... haven't really gone anywhere... cancel hair appt

drive - drive - drive

Jodi (neighbor who I adore) calls... um, yeah - I asked her to do me a HUGE favor and go let the dogs out. She did... only the front door popped back open and they didn't know it.   You guessed it...

BYE - BYE Simba!

Jodi calls in a panic... then her hubby Zach calls... more controlled panic... but still panic...

Jodi is late for dinner so I tell her to beat it, Zach has Cooper who I'm sure is starving... Simba will be fine I'll be home soon - I tell everyone to go home.  (Silently I wonder.. what should I do????)

BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING - Sue calls... Grace has 102.4 fever... dinner is canceled.  (That answers that!)

I turn the car around... make it home... still - no dog.

Tristan is frantic (Screaming Siiiiiiiimbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!).  Here goes the evening - but wait!  Rescue - there's Cooper and Zach!  Hand off T, go in search of Simba.

I drive and drive and drive... around the park - through the alleys, in neighborhoods... back by park, same alleys... all the while screaming to every cat I see - RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

No Simba... quiz all the people i see... officially become the crazy whistling lady in the CR-V

No Simba...

it's dark, I'm starving... need glasses

Go home.. neighbor (Jim) out front. Jim is an animal freak like me.. he's on it.

I grab glasses, goldfish (crackers) and I'm heading out.


BAM, guess who's staring at me?

 


He comes bounding towards me... like he won $1,000,000 just for me

My word dog!!

Go get T... make some soup

see blood all over the floor, Simba tore up the pads on his feet

Sit down to eat dinner, Tristan spills soup all over himself, the floor and the table (yes we both did get some down the hatch)

Kid in bath, dogs whining, jammies about to go on then onto laundry.  No time to work out... but there will... by golly there WILL be drinking.


CHEERS!  hahahahaha

-THE END-

1 comment:

  1. See, I told you there needed to be wine involved to see you through and of course you did update the blog like I mentioned. Good job Julie Elizabeth and thanks to all the neighbors.....Be a good doggie, Simba and stay home where you belong !!!

    ReplyDelete